Sun Lakes Rock, Gem & Silver Club Constitution
ARTICLE I – NAME
The organization shall be known as THE SUN LAKES ROCK, GEM & SILVER CLUB.
ARTICLE II – TYPE & PURPOSE
1. The Club will be a non-profit organization with a Fiscal Year beginning October 1 of each year.
2. The Club’s purpose shall be to provide volunteer educators and craft persons an opportunity to educate and develop fellow club members’ artistic abilities and knowledge in a variety of crafts for their personal enjoyment and enrichment.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP
1. Membership is limited to residents and lot owners of the Sun Lakes Community who are current in their payment of the established yearly Club dues. Such individuals shall be known as members in good standing. Enrollment in Club sponsored classes, participation in other Club functions, and use of Club facilities are limited to members in good standing who have signed our Wavier of Liability, and are current in their payment of established class and activity fees.
2. Fiscal year begins October 1st and ends on the last day of September in the succeeding year. The membership year shall begin October 1st each year and end on the last day of September in the succeeding year. Dues are payable yearly by or before each October 1st. Dues for individuals who join the Club after our year begins on October 1st will not be prorated.
ARTICLE IV – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. The business of the club shall be conducted by a Board of Directors consisting of the elective positions provided for in the By-Laws.
2. Upon being elected to those positions by the membership, said individuals will automatically become Directors and will sit on the Board for the length of their term of office.
3. The total number of Directors in any given year will be determined by the number of officers and other elective positions recommended by the previous year’s Board of Directors and approved by the membership.
4. The immediate Past President may act in an advisory capacity to the Board for one year, but shall have no vote at Board meetings.
ARTICLE V – MEETINGS
1. The Board of Directors shall meet on the first Monday of each month, October through May. Meetings are open to any Member who wishes to attend.
2. General meetings shall be held on the third Monday of each month, October through April.
ARTICLE VI – CHANGES TO THE CONSTITUTION
1. Any Member may submit a proposed constitutional change in writing to the Board of Directors at any time. These should be mailed to the Club Secretary.
2. The Board will review the proposed change at their next Board meeting and then present it with their recommendations to the membership at the following scheduled General meeting.
3. The proposed change will then be voted upon at the next following General meeting.
4. A majority vote of the members in attendance at that General meeting shall be required to approve the proposed change.
ARTICLE VII – PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
1. The rules contained in Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised (Copyright 1982) shall govern the Club in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the Constitution or By-Laws.
APPROVED BY THE DIRECTORS AT THE January 5, 2015 BOARD MEETING.
APPROVED BY THE MEMBERSHIP AT THE January 19, 2015 GENERAL MEETING.